Nutritrional Values of Seaweed
by Margaret Shepherd from Connemara Organic Seaweed Galway.
* Seaweed has twice as much Vitamin C as oranges.
* Seawater contains almost the same concentration of minerals and elements as human plasma, and it's sodium content matches that of human blood.
* Seaweed helps you to lose weight by inhibiting the action of an enzyme that controls the digestion of fat. Seaweed fibre also blocks the absorption of fat by the body.
* Seaweed contains major fatty acids, including "Linolenic acid" and "essential amino acids".
* Seaweed is ten times higher in calcium that cow's milk.
* Seaweed controls levels of blood sugar and this in turn decreases your food cravings.
* Eating Seaweed curbs your appetite and makes you feel full.
*Parmesan cheese and tomato sauce, like Seaweed contain the special UMAMI taste.
* For those who follow a vegetarian diet, Seaweed is rich in vitamin B12.
*Kelp is recommended to protect against high blood pressure.
* Kombu is a natural food tenderiser, added when cookingf beans and both speeds up the cooking process and makes the beans more digestable.
*Dilisk is fifty times higher in iron than spinach.
*Dilisk contains all the 56 minerals and trace elements necessary for human health.